ss_blog_claim=45e9c7de29f7c80e5bf4151368933c94
ss_blog_claim=45e9c7de29f7c80e5bf4151368933c94

Friday, August 29, 2008

Day 6

Much the same start of the day as the previous days.
Menu Day 6
Banana
Herbal tea
Homemade falafels
Salsa: finely chopped cucumber, spring onion, tomato, avocado and papaya and lime juice
Water
Red Peppers stuffed with onion, brown rice, butter beans, aubergine, papaya and pesto
Water
Melon
Today a friend asked me what I am looking forward to the most. Well what immediately sprang to mind was a glass or two of rose wine or a meal out - either a steak or Chinese, where I don't have to cook it. The meal out really is nothing to do with food cravings and more to do with not having to prepare and cook.
You see although I am doing this detox, my two children 'Thing 1' and 'Thing 2' are not, which means that this week I have had to come up with tasty dishes for me and the usual stuff for the kids. Now, don't get me wrong I am all for the kids eating healthily and I have got them to taste each of my dishes that I have made for myself, but that is just not their 'Thing'.
So, today I cooked them breaded fish and oven chips. I did a full roast dinner for them yesterday with homemade yorkshires and all. Hence I ate roasted veg for tea last night.
P.S Regarding my menu today I can personally recommend the salsa. It was delicious and livened up the falafels no end!

No comments: